.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Doctor recommended for optimal cerebral hygiene 

Greener Grass Department

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Have you ever noticed how gorgeous Canadian money is? The reasons for me to not emigrate to Canada are getting fewer and fewer. I still can't stop laughing when Canadians say "Ay" a lot, or when they end every sentence they speak like they are asking a question. But, at least it's an internal laugh, more a smile of the mind, and I'm not really laughing at them in a condescending way. I really do find it endearing.

Back to the money. It's just absolutely beautiful.

Take a look at this!


Posted by Hello

Finally, the U.S. Treasury is introducing more color to our paper money, but even so, there's no escaping the stuffy wealthy white men and the cold D.C. monuments. I've traveled a little, and U.S. money really is terribly ugly in comparison. Check out Israel's 20 Sheqalim note. Now, here's Egypt's 50 Piastres. When I was in Israel and Egypt, I thoroughly enjoyed spending that money.

For a country with such pride, a country prone to macho one-upsmanship (the space race being the prime example), for U.S. money to be so bland is almost impossible to understand.

Check out Afghanistan's 50 Afghanis, and Iraq's 50 Dinars. It just doesn't make any sense!

(Ok, I can't resist, do ya think that's a WMD factory on the 50 Dinar bill?)

The website hosting these images - World Paper Money - doesn't even include U.S. money in their extensive collection.

Now, don't even get me started on coins.